Team Leader Rates & Revenue
North Ryde, NSW
- Excellent and rare opportunity in Local Govt
- Permanent, full-time position
- Commencing salary from $101k + Super + leaseback vehicle
Are you a leader with proven experience in leading a Rates and Revenue team? Are you looking for a family friendly organisation that offers on-going training and flexible work conditions? If you answered Yes, we have the perfect position for you at the City of Ryde as Team Leader Rates and Revenue in our Finance Department.
The focus of your role will be leading a small Rates and Revenue team in providing guidance to staff on rating and revenue related matters to ensure correct application to optimise rates income and an equitable distribution of the levy in accordance with Council policy.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in local government rating including the levying of annual rates and knowledge of rating provisions in Local Government and related relevant Acts
- Demonstrated experience with managing debtors with a thorough understanding of debt recovery proceedings
- Experience in processing and reconciling supplementary valuations, accounting for changes according to legislated provisions to ensure compliance with permissible income requirements
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with experience building and maintaining business relationships
- High level of analytical skills with demonstrated experience in being a proficient user of Excel
- Strong PC skills with experience using accounting software such as Technology One, SAP or similar.
With a commencing salary negotiable from $101,321p.a. plus superannuation and a leaseback vehicle, this is an excellent opportunity to join a small professional Rates and Revenue team.
Interested, like to know more? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Pav Kuzmanovski on (02) 9952 8243 for a confidential discussion.
How to apply - Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Closing Date: Sunday 27 January 2019 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer